Monday, October 18, 2010

Scrooge NO MORE!!!


I am ashamed to admit it, but I have recently developed a hate for the "gift giving" part of Christmas. Now, let me defend myself. I love giving gifts generally but the problem is the timing of the whole thing. I usually come home from BYU a few days before Christmas and need to get all my gifts. I have just studied my brains out for a week during finals and need a break. I'm also so excited to see my family that I just want to spend time with them. Moral of the story -- the last thing I want to do is go Christmas shopping!
This year I decided to start doing my Christmas shopping early so I won't be such a scrooge when I get home. Because I am not so rushed, I have really put thought into my gifts and am almost done shopping!! And because I love my gifts that I am giving and think that the recipients will be so happy, I can't handle waiting until Christmas. The excitement and anxiousness is literally killing me! I can't wait to see the look on their faces. I'm so full of the Christmas Spirit and enthusiasm that I am even getting really creative, cool gifts for my grandparents. Christmas can't come soon enough. It is going to be awesome. Look back in 2 months to see how the gifts went over. :)

As a side note, Christmas is no time to slack off from working out... for Kevin. I do my part to work out through him. I am his personal trainer and take a very hands on approach. He can officially squat me, just in case you were wondering.

4 comments:

  1. Sister, I am so glad you have seen the light! haha Christmas is so much fun and the best part is giving meaningful gifts to the ones you love! Love you and can't wait to speand Christmas with you this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st off. kevin is huge! what the heck? 2nd off. i need to follow your example so im not as stressed out. great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin is huge!! He is like 6'2,210 lbs of pretty much muscle. And the idea is bomb, let me just tell you. And it was great to see you on Tuesday. I really miss you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see you blogging more! I'll definitely check back to see your glowing Christmas report! Great way to relieve some stress from your life!

    ReplyDelete