Saturday, October 23, 2010

overcoming obstacles

I have cried more in these past few weeks than in my entire life. I have never been torn down physically, emotionally, and mentally in my entire life. I can barely keep it together and I cry weekly. I have never been an emotional person, but it has all changed this semester. How do you rise above someone that tears you down all the time, constantly says rude things, and picks on you but you can't do anything about it because they are your professor? It's even harder because they are your MORMON NURSING professor-- 2 things that are supposed to make people be loving and caring and kind.
I can admit it, I'm major struggling. I try to deal with it and not let it affect me emotionally but it's so hard.
How do I love someone like that? How do I rise above it and not let it affect my self esteem and my emotional state? How do I still be the person that I want to be instead of the person I'm becoming? Because I'm failing miserably right now...

3 comments:

  1. Laura! I'm so sad to read this! I hope things have been better for you since you wrote this! I hope the post after this about 'SOLACE' has brought you exactly that! Hang in there babe! You're amazing and you'll pull through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you call me more often.


    and give me her home address. done and done.

    :)

    I'm sorry love. You are strong and can do anything. I remember you talking about this professor. I'm here if you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just give me her name, I'll give her a good tongue lashing! Just because she is in a position of authority does not mean she has the right to treat people like trash. I really hate that.
    Here's what I have learned from situations like that:
    1) when someone puts you down, DON'T OWN IT. That is just their opinion, and it isn't necessarily accurate or true.
    2) Don't forget who you really are. A fabulous daughter of God with deep wells of inner strength. You don't even know how much potential you have - and if you did, you would be blown away.
    Hang in there! Love you!

    ReplyDelete