Monday, February 21, 2011

Spontaneous

The main purpose of BYU is a highly debated subject between getting people married and educating them. Sometimes they are really smart and try to do both at once. This happens about once a year for me when they have this activity where the nursing program and accounting program go ice skating together.
My friends, Greg and Steph, are seriously dating and they came ice skating too. Greg left steph for a second and when he came back on the ice, he grabbed me and pointed out that this other guy was skating with her and putting the moves on. We laughed and I skated up to her and said "hey steph, where is your husband greg?" I didn't know he was going to do this, but right after, Greg zipped by and grabbed steph's hand puling her away. That left me and this random guy. He was decently cute and I felt kinda bad so I talked to him for ten seconds and then he said, "I should seize the opportunity too" and grabbed my hand.It completely shocked me and I didn't know what was going on but thought it was fun and spontaneous and left my hand in his.
The coolest part was that he started doing some dancing moves while letting go of my hand and grabbing it back each time. I started kind of doing the same thing and our craziness just escalated! This sky rocketed into full country swing/ ballroom dancing while skating pretty dang fast. We would weave in and out of people going backwards and forwards while being led by the other person. We were twirling each other and all sorts of moves. It was insanely fun and crazy and the spontaneity of the whole thing made it 10 times more exciting. I only ate it one time pretty good and we almost killed this girl, but besides that, our ice skating adventures were a complete success. The evening ended and we went our separate ways. But remembering craziness of it all still sends adrenaline through my body....



(gross exaggeration)

No comments:

Post a Comment