Sunday, March 6, 2011

Journaling... or the lack thereof


I have friends that will spend hours upon hours journaling. It's therapeutic for them and they look forward to it. They like to use special colored pens and write in cursive and use pretty looking books. That is the antithesis of how I have always felt about journaling. Life is a pretty demanding thing and I feel like journaling is just one more homework assignment that I have to do. I have a few parts of my life captured in journals when I got on a journaling kick but not much.
A few years ago, I resorted to journaling on my computer and that seemed to help. I have horrendous illegible handwriting and consequently, I greatly dislike free writing as opposed to typing. The majority of the memories I have written down are typed besides my 8th grade year journaling kick.
I started a blog 2 years ago and wrote on it 3x and then stopped for a year in half. I have a pretty poor track record in regards to staying with things. But I re-picked up blogging about 6 months ago and have surprisingly stuck with it. There is hope for me. I was telling my friend, Kurtley, all of this the other day and she told me all about this website called ldsjournal.com. You can write a journal through this website and then pay to have it made into a book. This sounds like a sweet idea and kind of got me a little excited. I officially started using it today! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. This is Steve, the art director at LDSJournal, I often search the web every now and then to see what people are saying about us and I came across your blog post. Thanks so much for giving us a try, I hope that what we have worked to build turns out to be a great solution for you. I'd like to let you know that in a few months we are going to release a bigger, badder and more powerful version of LDSJournal to the masses. So bear with us as we make improvements and work to give you the most powerful journaling service on the web! Journal on!

    ReplyDelete